Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
• 1 ½ cups sugar + more for rolling
• 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 14 tbsp unsalted butter ( 1 ¾ stick ) at room temperature
• 2 tsps vanilla extract
• 1 egg yolk
• ½ cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. With your mixer on medium, mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in the egg yolk, then vanilla, then pumpkin until well combined.
4. Slowly mix in the flour mixture until well combined, with your mixer set to low. Scrape down the paddle and the sides of the bowl as necessary.
5. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and refrigerate the cookie dough for 20 minutes.
6. Roll the dough into one inch sized balls. Roll in sugar. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet or silicon mat and press down lightly. Space cookies about two inches apart.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking. ( I baked mine in three batches )
8. Let cool on the pan for about two minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.